Thursday, February 23, 2012

Microbiologist Cake


I was given the most interesting brief earlier this month. To bake a cake for a Microbiologist! During the beginning stages of this brief  I was imagining so many different elements. Which led me to believe a career/job description such as this was of a Lab Tech. Was I wrong! Definition of a Microbiologist? 
A Microbiologist is a scientist who works in the field of microbiology. Microbiologists investigate the growth and characteristics of microscopic organisms such as bacteria, algae, or fungi.
Thank you Wikipedia for the short but precise definition!

So, on further 'investigation'... I ditched the whole idea of a lab coat and did what was right there slapping me in the face! A Petri dish!


Satin Ice red is gorgeous to work with..
Just beautiful!

Harry's "culture"

I call him Marshall the Mutant..





Thank you Elizabeth for giving me the best brief of all! To create something for you from my mind! 
I hope it was delish! x

3 comments:

  1. I really like..., very thought provoking....Cake Tin Hire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing your blogging is so fun to read it reminds me of that movie Julie and Julia 'a must see if you haven't already'....I'm thinking you've inspired me to work on my very un-inspiring Cake Tin Hire Blog...feeling all warm and fuzzy...so cool... : - )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you love! Yes! I've been told to watch Julie and Julia.. I haven't yet (as you know with munchkins in the house). The vertical number (posted last night)could not have been a success without you though so I thank you for all the insights you have given me lately. Start blogging again! I will be over again soon for some bible studies and play dough making fun! :)
      Love to the Whanau xox

      Delete